Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2008

Can't stop listening to DMB

Funny... I knew them for a long time - being a drummer, you can't miss Carter Beauford - but Dave Matthews' singing just wasn't for me. Until, one weekend, I couldn't stop listening to "When the world ends" from the first Central Park concert CD, which Rene gave me a long time ago. I've been a fan ever since; for almost half a year now, I haven't been listening to much else. Sure, the drumming also plays a part in it, but mostly it's just about the songs which are good.

My all-time favorite DMB song is Grey Street, check out the end (from approx 4:35), the drumming at the very end always sends a shiver down my spine.

Speaking of drumming,the groove of Eh Hee is just incredible - so simple, and so powerful... and this is one of the few DMB songs that one can play along to :)

Other great songs: Everyday, Dream Girl, Too Much, Ants Marching, Crash Into Me (if you don't really know DMB, you might still know this one ... the video is terrible though), ... okay, I'll stop there :)

Keine Kommentare: